- The PELTOR SWAT-TAC Headset is a trusted tactical communications and hearing protection solution that is field proven by law enforcement and militaries world wide
- Helps provide protection from hazardous steady-state and impulse noise
- Clear, intelligible two-way audio communications via radios and intercoms
- Environmental listening (aka: "talk-through") for auditory situational awareness and face-to-face verbal conversation
- Meets the single hearing protection requirement listed in DA PAM 40-501 Army Hearing Conservation Program 2015 for both steady-state and impulse noise
- Tested in accordance with MIL-STD-810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Tested in accordance MIL STD 461E, Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment
- Two AAA batteries provide approximately 500 hours of battery life
- External communications and talk-through are battery independent for Rx/Tx fail safe. In the unlikely event of electronic failure or battery depletion, external communications will continue to function
- Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom mic can be mounted on either left or right side by operator
- Hearing Defender, Single COMM, and DUAL COMM configurations available
- Optional gel ear cushions available
- Multiple color options available
- Suspension options: Headband, Back-band and Rail Attachment
3M PELTOR SwatTac ACH ARC Communication Headset specially designed to fit with the Advance Combat Helmet. Based off the field-proven COMTAC II, this new headset offers improvements such as: Increased Battery Life (500+ hrs), New Boom Microphone, tactical key pad, improved audio talk-through, and additional water proofing.
The 3M PELTOR SWAT-TAC Tactical Communication and Hearing Protection Headsets are designed to meet the mission needs of todays law enforcement service members. The SWAT-TAC headsets feature the ability to relocate the boom mic to either ear cup to accommodate left and right shooters, immunity for high RF/EMI environments, water resistance, Rx/Tx fail safe, and gel ear cushions option for improved comfort. Its ear cup profile has been improved, providing better fit and improved comfort for a variety of tactical helmets used by law enforcement professionals, including the Advanced Combat Helmet, MICH Helmet, Enhanced Combat Helmet, Ops-Core FAST Helmet, and the next generation IHPS. The tactical headset features environmental microphones for "talk-thru" capability so today's warfighter can maintain auditory situational awareness and have face-to-face conversations while wearing reliable hearing protection.